Lucent Sky AVM version 1805 released
June 04, 2018
We are excited to release Lucent Sky AVM version 1805. As hinted two months ago, Lucent Sky AVM 1805 brings support for Python applications. Other highlights of this release include performance improvements, better support for Maven and MSBuild and more streamlined management.
Updates in Lucent Sky AVM version 1805 include:
- Python support (private beta) - Applications developed using Python 2 and 3 are now supported in Lucent Sky AVM. Additional analysis and remediation capabilities will be added over the next couple releases, with general availability planned for Q4’18. To participate in the private beta, contact Lucent Sky support.
- Large file support - The web UI, CLI and IDE plug-ins are now capable of uploading application files and downloading remediated source code up to 2 GB in size. Transport performance of large files is also improved.
- Additional functionalities in the CLI - The CLI has two new capabilities: downloading verbose reports and purging scans by their timestamps.
- Maven support improvements - Compatibility with Maven projects has been improved. The alternative Java compiler has also been updated to support Maven projects.
- MSBuild support improvements - MSBuild 15 is now supported.
- Streamlined logs - Logs have been streamlined to provide better organization and readability. Additionally, web UI now writes its log entries using IIS’ logging mechanism.
- Streamlined update process - Custom settings such as Active Directory are now preserved during updates.
- More detailed scan results - Several scan results for Java applications have been split into additional scan results, providing additional information about potential error and warnings of the scan.
- Bug fixes - Several issues were addressed in version 1805.
Updating to 1805
If you are using Lucent Sky AVM Enterprise, Standard or Test Edition (either on-premise or cloud) and have an active subscription or maintenance agreement, you can update to Lucent Sky AVM version 1805 immediately. Our support team will reach out to you shortly to schedule an update. If you are using Lucent Sky AVM On-Demand, your server will be updated to Lucent Sky AVM version 1805 in the next few days.