Lucent Sky AVM 5.1 released
February 28, 2018
Lucent Sky AVM 5.1 is the first part of two releases that will bring new management features, such as searching, tagging and filtering. Additionally, the vulnerability priority algorithm has been updated. Also included in this release are several bug fixes on Java scanning issues and web UI improvements.
Updates in Lucent Sky AVM 5.1 include:
- Search (first phase) - In the first phase of supporting search functionalities, a tag field was added to applications and scans. Similar to a blog post or a tweet, tags allow you to quickly categorize an application (such as the tech stacks used) or a scan (such as the release number). Additionally, application filtering was added to the API, allowing applications to be filter by the status of their latest scan.
- Priority calculation algorithm update - The priority calculation algorithm has been updated, allowing more factors to be used when calculating the priority score for each result. The most noticeable change is the addition of Priority 4, which indicates a result poses very little risk by itself but might the related code might not conform to security best-practices.
- Custom remediation rules - Prior to this release, customers who use custom security libraries need to submit the libraries to Lucent Sky before they can be recognized by Lucent Sky AVM. By adding remediation rules in a custom rule package, customer can write their own rules to enable Lucent Sky AVM to recognize the security libraries they use.
- Scanned file list in HTML and PDF reports - In addition to listing files that were skipped by one or more analysis engines, HTML and PDF reports now list all files, color-coded to indicate their analysis status. XML reports already contain this information.
- Bug fixes - Several issues were addressed in v5.1, such as an issue causing Java concurrent scans to fail on some systems with non-English locale.
If you are using Lucent Sky AVM Enterprise, Standard or Test Edition (either on-premise or cloud) and have an active subscription or maintenance agreement, you can update to Lucent Sky AVM 5.1 immediately. Our support team will reach out to you shortly to schedule an update. If you are using Lucent Sky AVM On-Demand, your server will be updated to Lucent Sky AVM 5.1 in the next few days.