CLEAR Engine API 2.0 released
January 08, 2018
As part of Lucent Sky AVM 5.0, CLEAR Engine's API has been updated to 2.0. The CLEAR Engine API is used by web UI, CLI and other customer-built interfaces. The v2 API is not backward-compatible with the v1 API found in Lucent Sky AVM 2.0 to 4.8.
Updates and changes in CLEAR Engine API 2.0 includes:
- File I/O improvements - the file I/O stack has been redesigned. File I/O performance on scanning applications with a large amount of files is improved by 40%. API clients should also see less frequent failed request when deleting scans containing a large number of files.
- Database performance improvements - the data access stack built on top of Entity Framework is optimized to improve the performance of accessing scans with a large number of results. For scans with more than 10,000 results, read performance is improved by up to 650%.
- Priority score calculation - priority score is no longer calculated in web UI, but calculated in CLEAR Engine during the last stage of analysis. This allows priority score to take more vectors into account to more accurately represent the actual risk of an individual vulnerability. API clients can continue to use legacy priority score calculation by overriding the priority score calculated by CLEAR Engine.
- Paging support for applications and scans - paging is now supported for application and scan objects. By default, 20 results will be returned every page.
- Streamlined permission and integrity checks - the permission checks when accessing an object (such as a scan) and the integrity checks when uploading custom rule packages and runtimes are now streamlined. This provides more consistent behavior across different API clients.
Starting with Lucent Sky AVM 5.0, CLEAR Engine will switch to API v2.0. If you only use clients developed by Lucent Sky (web UI, CLI and IDE plug-ins for Visual Studio and Eclipse), you don't have to make any change. However, if you have custom-built interfaces for CLEAR Engine, you will have to update them to use the v2 API. The estimated effort to update a full-featured client to use the v2.0 API schema, but without taking advantage of the new features, is about 6 hours. If you require support updating your custom-built interface, contact Lucent Sky Support.