Lucent Sky AVM 4.8 released
December 02, 2017
Lucent Sky AVM 4.8 is the second of the two releases as we get ready for v5.0. This release brings improvements and fixes to the remediation algorithms, reporting, analysis engines, custom runtime and interface.
Updates in Lucent Sky AVM 4.8 include:
- Context-aware remediation suggestions - in this release, we continue to polish the newly introduced remediation suggestion features for vulnerabilities of insecure design. Notable improvements including accuracy related to encryption and information leakage vulnerabilities and performance of generating remediation suggestions for very large code base.
- Reporting - support the use of an XSL template to generate an HTML report from the XML report. Additionally, remediation suggestions are now included in the XML report.
- Analysis engines - the methods of logging files scanned by the analysis engines were streamlined.
- Custom runtime - several compatibility issues that caused certain custom runtimes not being used by the Java compiler were addressed.
- Application Protection Library - the Application Protection Library for .NET now required .NET Framework 3.5 (up from 2.0).
- Minor improvements and bug fixes - minor improvements and bug fixes were done to the Web UI.
Updating to 4.8
If you are using Lucent Sky AVM Enterprise, Standard or Test Edition (either on-premise or cloud) and have an active subscription or maintenance agreement, you can update to Lucent Sky AVM 4.8 immediately. Our support team will reach out to you shortly to schedule an update. If you are using Lucent Sky AVM On-Demand, your server will be updated to Lucent Sky AVM 4.8 in the next few days.