Lucent Sky AVM 4.7 released
October 30, 2017
Lucent Sky AVM 4.7 is the first of the two releases as we get ready for v5.0. The foci of this release include performance improvements, remediation suggestions and improvements of remediation algorithms.
Updates in Lucent Sky AVM 4.7 include:
- Performance improvements - scanning performance were improved across multiple areas, including the analysis and remediation engines and the IO stack. Additionally, optimization was added to the IO stack to better support virtual machines with high IO latency.
- Context-aware remediation suggestions - in with Lucent Sky AVM 4.6, we added context-aware remediation suggestions to some vulnerability categories involving insecure designs (such as use of weak encryption) or where Instant Fixes are otherwise unavailable. The goal was to provide guidance to developers on how to evaluate and address these issues. In this release, we expanded the availability of context-aware remediation to all vulnerability categories where Instant Fixes are not available. This feature remains in preview for the moment, although it no longer requires enabling preview mode to function.
- Remediation algorithms improvements - a new set of algorithms were added to the remediation engine to provide better accuracy of Instant Fix generation and confidence score calculation.
- Report improvements - a pie chart of result priority distribution and a list of the number of results of each priority is included in the HTML and PDF report.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes - minor improvements and bug fixes were done to the Web UI and CLI.
If you are using Lucent Sky AVM Enterprise, Standard or Test Edition (either on-premise or cloud) and have an active subscription or maintenance agreement, you can update to Lucent Sky AVM 4.7 immediately. Our support team will reach out to you shortly to schedule an update. If you are using Lucent Sky AVM On-Demand, your server will be updated to Lucent Sky AVM 4.7 in the next few days.